Saturday, May 16, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
- I'M PREGNANT....k...got that out of the way. I kind of knew I was pregnant about halfway through our road trip but didn't take a test until we got to Lawton. ETA for baby #2 is November 14th. I'm 12 weeks right now and doing fairly well. So far an easier pregnancy than with Belle but I've still had my challenges.
- The LT is no longer an LT! As of May 1st he is officially Captain LT! (Well not really but I try to keep our last name off here for security reasons). Now this poses a question...does he stay "The LT" here or should he get a name change on this little corner of the inter-webs as well? Comment and let me know what you think! I wrote about this once before but never really decided so I need your help y'all!!!
- Our PCS went pretty well. We didn't have any broken HHG nor did anything get lost.
- The LT is knee deep in CCC studying but isn't working super late hours or in the field so we will take it as a win.
- Our PCS road trip was both amazing and exhausting. I'm SO glad we decided to make it a bit of a vacation and allow several days off from driving in multiple cities. We had great visits with everyone we saw and the days out of the car made driving 2,500+ miles with a 2 year old pretty manageable.
- The house we're renting is a good size for us but hasn't been without it's complications. There were quite a few issues we discovered upon moving in that had to be immediately addressed along with a few others that popped up later. Luckily, our property manager has been great and everything has been fixed in a timely manner.
- We are settling in to a routine here finally...Belle goes to hourly care a few times a week, I'm trying to make it to yoga when I can, continually trying to come up with activities for Belle, and so on.
- While I'm glad to be back in the south and closer to family I miss my friends and Belle's little play buddies back in Washington...even though several have already moved or will be soon. I also REALLY miss living on post. We live on a quiet street here but we can't safely take long walks through the neighborhood because of the way the sidewalks are on our street and major roads. I miss the ease of going to the park and all those fringe benefits that come with living on post. I knew I would miss some of it but didn't realize how much it all changed my day to day life with Belle.
- House 6 Creations on Etsy and Facebook is back up and running. Once my current stock of pre-made items is finished I will be moving to a primarily custom order based business. With a move, another possible move in a few months, a toddler, being pregnant and then a new baby, there's just no way I can keep operating the way I was in Washington. So, if there's something you desire just shoot me a message and I'll get it made for you just the way you want it!
- I am DYING to know if we are having a boy or girl. I'm also dying to know where we will be living after The LT finishes CCC. His course is done in September and I'm due in November so the whole not knowing where we will be when I give birth thing is driving me nuts.
- Y'all I am TIRED. So far this pregnancy has been easier than with Belle but running after her all day wears me out beyond belief. Doing anything past 8pm means I am a zombie the next day. I usually crash hard around the time Belle wakes up from her nap,...ironically I'm never tired during her nap time...which results in us watching a movie nearly every afternoon. Belle loves it, I get to rest, and every now and then she even cuddles with me!
- I've hit a major motivation block in terms of setting up our house. We've been totally unpacked and boxes gone for a while now. I managed to get some pictures up in the hallways, kitchen, and a few in the living room. I'm just so tired most days that expending the energy to decorate the house is not appealing if we aren't staying here much longer. Maybe one day soon I'll go on a mad picture hanging bender but maybe not....only time will tell.
- While Belle has done really well with all the change I can definitely tell it's taken a toll on her. The stress of everything threw her pretty rapidly into the "terrible twos" once we got into our house. Exponentially more melt downs and deliberate defiance than before. Overall she's really not that bad but she definitely has her days. Her speech has started to explode but not nearly to the level of her comprehension. Many of her meltdowns stem from her not being able to express what she wants ....it breaks my heart but it should get better with time and more words. She's also become a much pickier eater than she used to be. It's frustrating but I just try to take it one meal at a time.
- Our summer schedule is filling up much faster than I would have anticipated...we've got a wedding, visits from friends and family, a trip to Louisiana planned, and much more!
Well I think that's most of it....more to come later which will hopefully include some pictures of some of the aforementioned events. Thanks for sticking with me through all the absentee craziness!
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Monday, January 12, 2015
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Monday, December 1, 2014
Rosy cheeked cuteness along with the cutest coat ever that my sister found.
Belle leading me around like only a bossy toddler can.