Monday, September 15, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
|She wanted him to pick her up but wouldn't let him until she had her favorite things, to include her bunny and baby doll.|
|I don't remember why but this particular morning I didn't head downstairs right away so The LT got her up and watched cartoons with her while I was upstairs.|
|She imitates his posture and mannerisms all the time. It's stinking adorable.|
|She doesn't like to be confined in any way but she let him snuggle like this while watching cartoons in our bed early one morning.|
|The way she's looking at him says it all.|
|They stayed like this for several minutes which is practically an eternity in Belle cuddling.|
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- 1 T Crushed Black Pepper
- 4T Salt
- 2T Onion Powder
- 2T Garlic Powder
- 2T Oregano
*Just place all ingredients in a bowl or jar and mix! It's that simple!
I keep ours in a 12oz mason jar with a re-purposed Parmesan cheese container top so I can just shake it out on to whatever I'm cooking. If you use a 12 oz jar, a doubled recipe will almost fill your jar. Put your jar in your spice cabinet and you will always have some on hand when you need it!
Monday, September 8, 2014
Friday, September 5, 2014
- A fabulous friend of mine just got engaged! She asked me to be a bridesmaid and Belle to be a flower girl! Can't wait to celebrate with her and her beau next summer. Speaking of her beau...I finally got to meet him when they came up to Seattle for a short get away. Couldn't be happier for them!
- Friends of ours from TCU (the husband was in ROTC with The LT) who were also at Ft. Sill with us, just welcomed their baby girl! She's beautiful and I'm looking forward to stalking the new mama on Instagram for baby photos.
- A friend of mine from TCU (we were in all our Kinesiology classes together) also welcomed her baby girl to the world. Sweet little thing decided to come over a month early but both she and mama are doing great.
- OTHER friends of ours from TCU (Dual military through ROTC) just announced they are expecting!
- We are finally starting to make headway on getting The LT's CCC (Captain's Career Course) dates nailed down. CCC will be back at Ft. Sill and we are very much looking forward to being down south again. Purely out of superstition I refuse to put any details here because I don't want to test our luck.
- Pending above CCC date confirmation we may be making a super fun trip this winter. Can. Not. Wait. To. Book. Tickets. Again...superstition, so you'll just have to wait to find out.
- A friend of mine from here at Fort Lewis has a baby boy due any day now and I can't wait to meet him! Every time my phone buzzes I hope that its her telling me she's at the hospital in labor.
- I am determined to get back in to shape before we leave Washington and (more importantly) before I get pregnant again. No, not pregnant. No, not trying to get pregnant just yet. I have reserved hourly care for Belle every Wednesday for the next 4 weeks because there is a ballet class in Tacoma from 10-11 am on Wednesday mornings. This is also my motivation to do more at home work-outs in preparation so I don't completely die/make a fool of myself in ballet class. Hourly care will be good for Belle too as it will give her some socialization with other kiddos and adults.
- I'm finally back at a good and healthy weight for me. I lost way too much weight after Belle was born and WAY too quickly. Between stress and exhaustion from having and infant, what I now realize was postpartum depression, and some other things I had a really rough time getting back to a healthy weight. All my clothes fit like they should again which is an amazing feeling which also fuels my motivation to get my fitness level up to where it should be.
- I ordered an Erin Condren planner for myself as an early birthday present and I am IN LOVE with it. I already feel infinitely more organized and my mind is more at ease these days because of it.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
For the longest time I was a HUGE fan of Pioneer Baking Mix for biscuits. I still think it's tasty but most (if not all) breakfast mixes contain some sort of dairy which made them all no-go's for Belle. Also, they can get expensive if you use them on a regular basis. I figured there had to be a way to make some sort of dairy free biscuit mix and save money in the process. Pancakes and waffles weren't hard to make dairy free for me since I used old recipes of my mom's that just meant switching cow's milk for something else. Biscuits were hard...all the good recipes scratch recipes use buttermilk and I wanted something that just required the addition of liquids when I wanted to make biscuits.
As per usual, I took to the web (namely Pintrest) and found this Bisquick copy cat mix! She breaks down all the costs and how to make pancakes from the mix. Here's the proportions for biscuits:
-2 1/4 cups mix
-2/3 cup milk of choice
*Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve with goat cheese and honey or jam if dairy free or butter if you aren't. I usually get 7-8 biscuits per recipe.
That's it! I use goat's milk since Belle can't have cow's milk products and they taste exactly the same. You can use whatever type of milk you prefer....almond, coconut, soy, cow, goat, whatever your heart desires!
I love how simple it is to make this mix and how few ingredients it takes. All you need is:
- 5lb bag of flour
- Baking powder
You will also need a large bowl or pot to mix it in and something to store it in. I use a 1 gallon jar but you can use ziplock bags or whatever you have on hand. Check out the original instructions at Fake it Frugal
|I keep the instructions on the lid so I never have to think about it and if anyone else makes them they don't either.|
|This, plus a large something to mix it in, is all you need! Seriously!|
Once it's all mixed grab a scoop and get it in that jar of yours. I PROMISE it will fit in this 1 gallon jar but you may have to pack down those last few scoops to get it all in.