- I wish my first boyfriend had been like Dean.
- Butttttt I kinda wish my first boyfriend had been like Jess too. Yeah...I know I'm not making any sense.
- I want all of Lorelei's coats. Like, every.single.one. And since Lauren Graham is pretty tall it's likely that they might actually fit me!
- Re-watching the show took me back to the fashion of my teen years. It premiered when I was 12 (7th grade) and ended when I was 18 (freshman year of college). The shrug sweaters, asymmetrical and handkerchief style dresses, the just-barely-skim-the-top-of-your-jeans tops, and so much more.
- My heart broke all over again watching Luke and Lorelei's relationship disintegrate after April showed up.
- TOTALLY forgot about April all together.
- Jess got SUPER handsome with age...and so glad he became successful and got his life together.
- I hated then loved then loved/hated Logan. By the end I loved him and hated to see him with a broken heart.
- The show, the people, the relationships is my life...but not my life at all.
- Liz (Luke's sister) asks for matzot brei after yelling at Luke she's pregnant! I couldn't believe it!
- I can't decide if I love to hate Paris or hate to love her. Jury is still out on that one...
- WHY oh WHY didn't it work out with Luke and Lorelei!
- Sad when Lorelei and Chris didn't work out but not surprised. As an (imaginary) friend of Lorelei, I was glad she tried with Christopher so that she wouldn't ever wonder "what if?"
- Why did Logan have to be such a monumental jerk when his business venture failed!?
- Miss Patty must have had some sort of weight loss surgery between seasons 6 and 7 because throughout the last season you can tell she loses quite a bit of weight.
- Logan's proposal was SO awkward. Good lord, WHY did he put her on the spot like that!?
- I must have missed the last two episodes of the series because I don't remember them at all...stupid college getting in the way.
- I teared up like every five minutes during the finale.
- These people are my people! How can it be over!? I want to live in Stars Hollow.....
- Luke and Lorelei are back together! Kinda...well I think so. I'm glad she won't be alone with Rory gone.
- Luke opened the diner just for Rory before she left! Gosh I love him, he's such a good man. Those girls need him...and he needs them.
- WHY HASN'T A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE BEEN MADE!?!?!?!?!
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
|I wish I had a better picture of these but I was about to have a husband/toddler mutiny if I didn't get breakfast on the table this particular morning.|
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (about one medium carrot)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (plain unsweetened, or vanilla sweetened depending on what I have on hand)
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
Combine all your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add shredded carrot to dry ingredients. Add all wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
Pre-heat your waffle iron and grease very well with oil of choice. Once your waffle iron is hot add half your batter into the middle, close the lid, and (if you have an iron like me) wait for the little light to change from red to green signaling your waffle is done. Re-grease your iron before pouring second half of the batter in.
I never add anything to these waffles as they have a bit of sweetness and a lot of flavor on their own but feel free to top them however you like!
|See...sometimes they turn out like this.|
|Orrrrr like this...sorry for the blur. But seriously, still DELICIOUS.|
Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
- The House 6 Creations End of Summer Sale is still going on. I decided the sale will officially end at midnight, pacific, on October 31, 2014. At which time, any un-sold items will return to their original prices.
- I've been able to expand the selection of items available through the Etsy store. As time goes on I will probably phase out selling things directly through Facebook and everything will be posted on Etsy. Facebook will still be the best way to stay up to date on what's going on with the store as far as new items, sales, etc. So, make sure you "like" House 6 Creations on Facebook as well as on Etsy.
- There are now several ready made changing pad covers available through Etsy.
- Large and small essential oil zippered pouches.
- I sold several of the carseat canopies I had available but there are still 2 and I have more in the sewing que.
- Soon there will be more wet bags ready for purchase but I love this blue chevron despite the fact that chevron is quite possibly the biggest pain in the but to work with.
- Baby/toddler infinity scarves make great gifts and more are coming!
- Creating custom items for customers is still one of my favorite things so don't hesitate to contact me if you're looking for something in particular or if you see an item you like but want it in a different fabric. I will do my best to create something just how you want it!
Last weekend I made a big fabric shopping trip and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through all the fabric I bought to make things out of. I'm cutting, sewing, taking pictures, and posting it all as fast as toddler nap time will allow.
|Soooo didn't manage to take a picture of the raspberry until we were half way through a jar. Whoopsie|
|Strawberry ready for the water bath!|
|See...just a little too smooth and blended. Lesson learned for next time.|
|Fact: I have a jam problem. Well, it's really only a problem if we run out.|